What is the OZEV grant?
To qualify for OLEV grants you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have purchased a qualifying electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid since October 2016 or leased one for at least six months before applying,
- You need to have dedicated off-street parking at your home.
- Your home charging point for an electric car must be OLEV approved.
- It must be installed by an OLEV approved chargepoint installer.
You can only apply for the OLEV grant once per vehicle and must not have previously applied for one of the schemes that the grant replaced, such as the Domestic Recharge Scheme. There is a two charge point limit per household, and you can only apply for a second charge point with the purchase of a second electric or qualifying hybrid vehicle.
You simply need to apply through an OLEV approved home charge point installer – Like us her at OBG EV. You will need proof of eligibility for us to apply the grant to your purchase. Examples of the evidence we may ask to see are as follows:
- Your name, address, and contact details or those of the vehicle owner and registered keeper.
- Details of the car, including make and model and registration number.
- Your order confirmation or leasing agreement.
- If your EV is a company vehicle, you’ll need to provide proof of this.
Our team will ask to see proof of your eligibility for the grant and will apply to your purchase on your behalf. It takes all the hassle out of an application process for the user. Once approved and your home charge point for electric vehicles has been installed, we will simply invoice you for the charging unit price and installation minus the £350 cost. There’s no need to claim back later; it’s all taken care of at the point of sale.
Find out more about the OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, what you need to qualify and more